My favorite method uses quick oats made on the stove. Ready in less than 5 minutes and family approved! If you are following the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan, this is a very hearty way to start your day!
Hearty Quick Oatmeal with Fruit
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 quick oats
- 3 Tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar or agave
- 1 cup blueberries or favorite fruit
- Bring water to a boil in small saucepan.
- Stir in quick oats and cook for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Stir in egg whites and cook for an additional 45-60 seconds, until desired consistency. Oatmeal will thicken a bit as it cools.
- Pour cooked oatmeal into bowl and add coconut palm sugar.
- Stir in blueberries and enjoy!
21 Day Fix count: 1 yellow, 1/2 red, 1 tsp, 1 purple